The purpose of this policy is to formalise the structure of homework at Flinders Park Primary School and to enable all stakeholders (teachers, parents and students) to clearly understand the purpose of homework and the role they each play in its success.
- Reinforce the current learning in the classroom
- Be a time for positive interaction between family members
- Encourage the development of independent study habits, self-discipline and time management
- For year K – 3, be informal
- For year 4 – 6, be formal and/or informal