SCHOOL HEALTH NURSE SERVICE
The school community nurse provides
- Assessments of vision, hearing, growth and development, with parent consent, for all children at school entry (kindy and pre-primary).
- Hearing, vision and growth assessments from Kindy to Year 6 on parent/teacher request.
- Health information
- Referral to other services and health professionals as needed
- Assistance to staff and parents with school health care plans for their child
- Training of school staff in health management and first aid
- Health promotion information
- Class based programs (e.g. Growth and development year 6).
- Enuresis (bedwetting) program
If you would like to discuss any of the above or access our service please see reception staff for a referral form (to be completed by the parent) or ring the number below.
Karen Johnston - School Community Nurse
Monday and Tuesday on 98427564