Our Parents and Citizens Association is made up of parents or guardians of children attending our school. The key purpose of our group is to support the school for the benefit of all students.
The P&C’s key roles within the school include:
- Fostering parent participation and involvement in the school.
- Providing a forum for discussion on school matters.
- Promoting the interests of the school and all of the students.
- Assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school.
- Providing representation on the School Council.
The AGM: The AGM is conducted in February of each year during which time we:
- Elect office bearers.
- Elect an executive committee.
- Form sub-committees and elect representatives to these.
Parents are encouraged to nominate for positions on committees that interest them. They will receive the full support of all other members in their endeavours.
Fees: Membership fees are only $1.00 which can be paid directly to the P&C Treasurer.
Meetings: A schedule of meetings for the year is devised at the AGM. We aim to have a minimum of two per term. Meetings commence at 7:00pm and conclude no later than 9.00pm, unless an extension in time is accepted by those members present. Minutes of meetings are kept and distributed by the secretary of the Association.
Notices: The P & C has a noticeboard in the assembly area where minutes and other notices are posted.