The Grounds Committee meets twice every term and consists of parents and staff members. It is a creative group that works hard to ensure Flinders Park Primary is a safe, practical and attractive place to be.
The Grounds Committee has undertaken the following guiding principles to determine developments:
- Areas that augment learning centres take priority.
- Workmanship should be of the highest quality and there will be no “corner cutting.”
- Department policies on safety and welfare are adhered to.
- Planning is effectively conducted.
- Building, Maintenance and Works (BMW) guidelines are followed.
- Equity for all students.
- All project costs will be accurately estimated and assessed before works are undertaken.
- Beautification projects should be included to enhance the school environment for health and wellbeing purposes.
- Where possible sources of funding outside the school and P and C will be used.
- The school and the P and C will financially assist in completing the plan.
- The Committee will develop 3 year plan after consultation with all stakeholders.
- The plans will be available to all stakeholders.
- The plans will incorporate all areas of the school and will include both grounds and facilities.
- Plans are to be ratified by the School Board.
- The Committee will ensure there is ongoing monitoring of projects.